- 500g chicken breast (for softest chicken: chicken drumstick)
- Chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- A splash of OMER.
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 chicken stockpot
- 50g ketchup (50% less sugar) (+ optionally 1 or 2 tbsp BBQ sauce)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Spices (pepper, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, chili)
- 4 soft burger buns
- 150g white cabbage grated
- 150g grated carrot
- 2 tbsp yoghurt plain
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of arugula lettuce
For 4 persons:
- Bring plenty of water to the boil with chicken stock. Boil the chicken fillets in it for about 12 minutes. Note: the chicken must not be too dry, so do not overcook.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Braise the onion and garlic and add the tomato paste.
- Deglaze this mixture with a dash of Omer. then add the chicken.
- Add a cup of the cooking liquid from the chicken and melt the chicken stock in it. Simmer for a few minutes on medium-high heat. Also add the ketchup (and BBQ sauce), Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and mustard. Season well with salt, pepper, paprika seasoning (preferably smoked), chili and cumin).
- Simmer for a few more minutes until creamy.
- Grill the burger buns briefly and top with some BBQ sauce, place the pulled chicken on top, then some cabbage-carrot salad and a few arugula leaves.
- Serve with a delicious OMER.