1. Who are we?
As our Website uses "cookies", we would like to inform you about the different types of cookies we use, which cookies our service providers use and how you can manage and block cookies.
(a) By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer.
(b) By post: to (Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste NV, Brouwtorenstraat 5, B-8510 Bellegem).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer, laptop or mobile device when you visit a website or certain pages of that specific website. The cookie allows that website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time and apply them on subsequent visits, for example, your preferred language.
Cookies usually contain the name of the website that issued the cookie, how long the cookie remains on your device (the expiry date) and a value that is usually a randomly generated unique number.
A distinction is made between strictly necessary cookies and other cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies are required for the proper functioning of the Website, for example for the security of our Website and its accessibility. Under the applicable legislation, we are not obliged to ask your permission for the use of such cookies.
A further distinction based on category can be made based on the specific purpose of the cookie. For each of these categories (unless they are strictly necessary) we will ask your permission.
Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
(a) Persistent cookies and session cookies: The task of a persistent cookie is to recognize the web browser for the purpose of repeated visits to the Website, while the task of a session cookie is to recognize the web browser during the visit to the Website. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer or mobile device. Session cookies are deleted at the end of each session.
(b) First Party Cookies and Third Party Cookies: First Party Cookies are set by the Website itself. Third party cookies are set by websites other than our Website. This happens when our Website contains elements from other websites, such as social media plug-ins or advertisements placed on our Website.
(c) Performance and functional cookies: Performance cookies monitor how visitors use the Website. This enables the website operator to adjust and optimise the content and ease of use of the Website (for example: how many people have visited the different pages on the Website and which language is most popular among our visitors). Functional cookies are cookies that remember your preferences when you use the Website, such as your chosen language, and that make the Website more user-friendly and improve your user experience.
What cookies do we use?
Strictly necessary cookies: These are necessary for the operation of our website. For example, these are cookies that allow you to log in. No permission is required for these cookies.
- CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN: Ensures browsing security by preventing forgery of cross-site requests. This cookie is essential for website and visitor security (provider: Omer, retention time: session).
- CraftSessionId: Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes (provider: Omer, retention time: session).
- critical-css: Stores the CSS status of the user for the current domain (provider: Omer, retention time: 1 week).
- fonts-loaded: Saves the font status of the user for the current domain (provider: Omer, retention time: 1 week).
- _ga: Registers a unique ID which is used to generate statistical data on how visitors use the website (provider: Google, retention time: 2 years).
- _gat: Used by Google Analytics to slow down the requesting rate (provider: Google, retention time: 1 day).
- _gid: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how visitors use the website (provider: Google, retention time: 1 day).
- collect: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels (provider: Google, retention time: session).
- _gcl_au: Storage and tracking of conversions (provider: Google, retention time: permanent).
- _fbp, fr: used by Facebook to provide a range of advertising products such as real-time bidding from third party advertisers (provider: Facebook, retention time: 3 months).
- tr: used by Facebook to provide a range of advertising products such as real-time bidding from third party advertisers (provider: Facebook, retention time: session).
Cookies used by our partners
(b) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
c) LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy /
Managing and blocking cookies
When visiting the Website, the visitor is informed (by means of a pop-up) which cookies are used by us and we ask the visitor to consent to the use of each of them. You can manage or delete cookies at any time through the settings of your internet browser, which allows you to refuse some or all cookies, with the exception of the strictly necessary cookies, as these are essential for the visitor to be able to view the Website and its functions. Disabling cookies limits the service we can provide and may affect your user experience. Deleting cookies may result in having to manually adjust preferences each time you visit our Website.
For more details on controlling and/or deleting cookies, please visit the page corresponding to your browser for more information:
(a) https://support.google.com/chr... (Chrome);
(b) https://support.apple.com/kb/P... (Safari);
(c) https://support.microsoft.com/... (Internet Explorer);
(d) https://support.mozilla.org/en... (Firefox);
(e) http://www.opera.com/help/tuto... (Opera);
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/... (rand);
g) or visit, http://aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Personally identifiable information
Personal information, such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, etc., is only collected when you voluntarily provide it to us. You will always be informed of how we will use this information. Most services do not require any form of registration. You can therefore visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require registration. When you register with us, you may be required to complete certain fields (some are mandatory and some are optional), and you may be required to enter a user name and password. In these cases, if you choose not to provide the personal information we request, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Site and we may not be able to answer your question.