With in OMER. stewed apples, green cabbage, bacon and croquettes
- 3 duck breasts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 bunch of tarragon
- 1/2 OMER. Traditional Blond
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 green cabbage
- 200 gr smoked bacon
- 2 jonagold apples
- 5 Dl veal stock
- 2 tbsp gastrique
- 4 tbsp butter
- 20 croquettes
For 4 persons
- Cut a grid in the fat of the duck breast and season with pepper, salt.
- Fry the duck breast for 3 minutes on the skin side without fat, the fat of the duck will melt.
- Turn the duck over and fry another 4 minutes on low heat on the other side. Remove the duck from the pan and let rest under aluminium foil.
- Cut the apples into 1 cm cubes and put them in the same pan with the glaze. Sprinkle with sugar and let caramelise.
- Deglaze with OMER. and leave to simmer for 2 minutes, finish with finely chopped tarragon.
- Put a knob of butter in a large pot, cut the green cabbage into fine strips and stew them in the butter, season with pepper, salt and nutmeg. Add the bacon and leave to simmer for 8 minutes under cover.
- Cut the duck into thin slices, arrange it over the green cabbage and finish off with the apples.
- Add the veal stock, gastrique and chopped tarragon and reduce by half.
- Mount the sauce with lumps of cold butter.
Pour a fresh OMER. Traditional Blond and enjoy this food pairing!